Replacing a Window Motor on a Subaru Impreza
See larger image
These instructions are for replacing a front window motor on 2002-2007 Subaru Impreza vehicles.
APDTY.com now offering Front Driver and Passenger Window Motors. These motors are factory original OEM parts, made in Japan.
1) Remove the front door trim.
*Caution, Do not apply excessive force to the clips. Otherwise the clip may be broken.
Pull up the inner remote cover toward you to remove the upper hook. Pull it down to remove the lower hook. Remove the inner remote cover.
3) Remove screw under window switch panel. Then remove the clips of the trim panel using clip remover (or flat-head screw-driver) to remove trim panel
4) Remove the Seal Cover. *Carefully remove sealer, Excessive force will easily break cover.
5) Remove the mirror gusset cover
6) Disconnect the mirror connector. Then loose the screws and remove mirror assembly.
7 ) Remove the stabilizers and trim hooks. (* Tech Tip, use a marker to trace outline for the position on installation)
8 ) Remove the rear end of door weather strip and weather strip outer.
9) Move glass to the position shown in the figure, then remove the two nuts from the service holes.
10) Remove the door glass.
11) Loosen the nuts to remove the rear sash.
12) Disconnect the motor connector.
13) Loosen four bolts and two nuts to remove the regulator assembly.
14) Loosen the screws to remove motor assembly.
For Installation, reverse the order of removal.